from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A native drink in the Philippine Islands, containing a large proportion of the poisonous principle of wood-alcohol.
- noun A native wine from northern Luzon.
- noun The combining form, in various scientific terms, of Latin basis (Gr.
βάσις), base. See basis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A combining form, especially in anatomical and botanical words, to indicate
the baseor position at or near a base; forming a base; as, basibranchials, the most ventral of the cartilages or bones of the branchial arches; basicranial, situated at the base of the cranium; basifacial, basitemporal, etc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- prefix anatomy, botany Positioned at the
base; forming a base.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
From Latin basis, base; see basis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin basis.
Sorry, no example sentences found.