from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of basidiomycete.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. a phylum of fungi with the Basidiomycota.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The group of fungi in which the spores are borne on basidia, including the Hymenomycetes, Gasteromycetes, and most of the larger fungi known as mushrooms and toadstools. See cut under basidium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large class of higher fungi coextensive with subdivision Basidiomycota
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Coincidentally, they were bested by yet another lady researcher from KASC – Dr. Helen Bais, with her winning research work on basidiomycetes (kurat, kudit and laplapayag).
Cellulolytic fungi (Trichoderma viride, basidiomycetes) have been employed with commercial amylases to enhance the saccharification of cassava starch; the hydrolysate served as a better substrate for the alcoholic fermentation by yeast
Differences in discharge distance among the basidiomycetes might, therefore, have evolved via adaptive changes in these features of spore architecture.
In gilled mushrooms, for example, discharge distances of In this study, we report high-speed video analysis of spore discharge in selected basidiomycetes ranging from yeasts to wood-decay fungi with poroid fruiting bodies.
Model spore trajectories for seven basidiomycetes species based on measurements of spore size and launch speed and using Stokes model of viscous drag.
Fairy rings are caused by many species of fungi called basidiomycetes.
Begerow D, Sampaio JP, Weiss M, Oberwinkler F (2006) The simple septate basidiomycetes:
 - , whereas in basidiomycetes septa are closed by electron dense, plugging material
In this paper, we report high-speed video analysis of spore discharge in selected basidiomycetes ranging from yeasts to wood-decay fungi with poroid fruiting bodies (