from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. an instrument consisting of a rule or frame, and a plumb line, by which the batter or slope of a wall is regulated in building.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. An instrument for regulating the batter or inclination in building a sloping wall.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.