from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Ploceus philippinus, a weaverbird of southern Asia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The East Indian weaver bird (Ploceus Philippinus).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The weaver-bird, Ploceus philippinus, an East Indian passerine bird, somewhat like the bulfinch, remarkable for its extremely curious nest. See weaverbird.
- n. The Mexican name of a species of fish, Mycteroperea jordani, a form of grouper found in the Gulf of California.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. common Indian weaverbird
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Hasta aquí no hemos mencionado la confusión entre la b y la v, como vaya - baya.
So if I wear a head scarf and I wear a baya (ph), I wear the black robes, a lot of Somali women wear.
Abantu abaninzi emaphondweni baya vuma ukuba Lo mthetho wenze umahluko omninzi ekuthinteleni ukuhlumezwa kwamakhosikazi
Eyona nto ingamandla esilwisana nayo nje ngeenkokheli zoluntu, kukuxhatshazwa kwabantwana neentsapho, nokuswela imisebenzi kodwa ngenxa yokuba bayasivisisa xa sithetha ngo Vukuzenzele baya kuhlala. bemxhasa u lulumente okhokelwa yi African National Congress - bathi kungcono ukusenga inkomo ene thole-kuno kuba uziqhathe ngokuthemba emithiyo kuba kaloku akuqinisekanga ukuthi yozala ntoni na.
Not in the least daunted the baya makes a fresh effort and flies off, still gripping the strand firmly.
Like the baya, the Indian wren-warbler does not line its nest.
Of the scenes characteristic of the rains in India none is more pleasing than that presented by a colony of nest-building bayas or weaver-birds (_Ploceus baya_).
Sometimes the strand adheres to the main part of the blade at the tip so firmly that the force of the flying baya is not sufficient to sever it.
Then, grasping with its beak the edge of this blade above the notch, the baya flies away and thus strips off a narrow strand.
The weaving is not so neat as that of the baya and the