from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A species of hellebore (Helleborus foetidus), with digitate leaves and an offensive smell. It is a powerful emetic, cathartic, and anthelmintic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A species of hellebore (Helleborus fœtidus), with digitate leaves. It has an offensive smell and acrid taste, and is a powerful emetic, cathartic, and anthelmintic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Helleborus, H. fœtidus. See Helleborus.
- n. A stout composite plant, Polymnia Uvedalia; or, especially, its root, vaguely claimed to be an alterative.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. digitate-leaved hellebore with an offensive odor and irritant qualities when taken internally
Sorry, no etymologies found.