from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An animal, such as a donkey, ox, or elephant, used for transporting loads or doing other heavy work.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A draught animal that carries or pulls heavy loads, such as a donkey, mule, or ox.
- n. Any domesticated animal trained to perform tasks for humans, such as a herding dog or trained falcon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an animal employed in carrying burdens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an animal such as a donkey or ox or elephant used for transporting loads or doing other heavy work
Sorry, no etymologies found.
On each of these stood a yachi-the chief beast of burden on New Lemuria, suggestive of a giant kangaroo, though with a larger head and a blue pelt.