from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The space between any two decks of a ship
- n. Steerage on a passenger ship in which people who cannot afford a cabin travel
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See under Between.
- prep. the space, or in the space, between the decks of a vessel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the space between two decks of a ship; on any deck but the upper one.
- n. The space between two decks of a ship, or the whole space between the upper and the lowest deck.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in the space between decks, on a ship
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.