from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A fusion of two triangular prisms
  • n. An optical device of this construction used to generate interference fringes

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A prism whose refracting angle is very nearly 180 degrees.
  • n. A combination of two short rectangular glass prisms cemented together at their diagonal faces so as to form a cube; -- called also optical cube. It is used in one form of photometer.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A prism with two refractive edges each of small angle, its cross-section being an obtuse-angled isosceles triangle.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. an optical device for obtaining interference fringes


bi- +‎ prism (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.