from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several cherry trees, especially the Eurasian Prunus padus, having clusters of white flowers and small black fruits.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cherry tree, Prunus padus native to the northern Eurasia.
- n. A berry (fruit) produced by this tree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A shrub (Prunus Padus ) found in Northern and Central Europe. It bears small black cherries.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See cherry, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several small-fruited cherry trees frequented or fed on by birds
Sorry, no etymologies found.