from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Voluntary limitation or control of the number of children conceived, especially by planned use of contraceptive techniques.
- n. A contraceptive technique.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Voluntary control of the number of children conceived, especially by the planned use of contraception.
- n. Any technique used to prevent the birth of a child (such as abortion or preventing conception).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the act or process of deliberately limiting the number of one's children born, especially by preventing conception.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. limiting the number of children born
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I'd never had so much as a bad scare regarding accidental pregnancy, and I was involved up past my eye sockets with a man who practiced the most bombproof form of birth control known: abstinence.
In their view, any government policy that appears to reward or even express neutrality toward what they consider to be immoral behavior-whether providing birth control to young people, abortion services to women, welfare support for unwed mothers, or legal recognition of same-sex unions-inherently devalues the marital bond.
A woman ill from exhaustion and nerves who has eleven children will be educated about birth control and enrolled in our nutritional-supplements program along with her children.”
Most of the girls in my college, however, were on their own for the first time, and I observed with amusement the dormwide bacchanal that led to more than one of them sobbing in the bathroom at three in the morning, or standing nervously in line at Health Services, where birth control pills could be had after watching a movie that would turn even the most rugged enthusiast off sex forever.
There are however people, non-believers and believers alike, who are opposed to abortion for birth control and support excution for captial punishment.