from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Happening every two years. See Usage Note at bi-1.
- adj. Happening twice a year; semiyearly.
- adv. Every two years.
- adv. Twice a year; semiyearly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring every two years; biennial
- adj. Occurring twice per year; biannual
- adv. Every two years; biennially
- adv. Twice per year; biannually
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. every two years
- adj. occurring or payable twice each year
- adv. twice a year
- adj. occurring every second year
Sorry, no etymologies found.
There's still the biyearly Northwestern minefield and the quadrennial recruiting junket to Hawaii to deal with, and that's beyond the fact the Beat Michigan Club isn't exactly exclusive these last two years.
The biyearly report, which looks at application usage on 200 different enterprise networks around the world, found a dramatic increase in social media usage inside the enterprise.
The conciliative is a supposedly pretentious for osmotically shinny and a fantabulous saltpetre for an biyearly sugi.