from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various black-colored beans, especially.
- noun A small black variety of the kidney bean, having cream-colored flesh and a sweet flavor, used in southern and Latin-American cuisine.
- noun A fermented black soybean having a pungent salty flavor, preserved in salt and used in Asian cuisine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A bean plant with black
- noun A dried seed of a black bean plant.
- noun A dried black seed of certain varieties of the
common bean, Phaseolus vulgaris.
- noun A fermented soybean, used in Asian cooking.
- noun An
Australiantree (Castanospermum australe), also called Moreton Bay chestnut.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun black-seeded bean of South America; usually dried
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.