from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An English name of the common cockroach of Great Britain, Blatta (Periplaneta) orientalis, a large black orthopterous insect, of the family Blattidæ. See cut under
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Used other than as an idiom: see
- noun The oriental cockroach, Blatta orientalis (a large
roachfrom the family Blattidae).
- noun New Zealand Platyzosteria novae-zelandiae, a similar roach native to New Zealand.
- noun this sense?) A common name for many species of
beetlethat are black in color. including:
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun dark brown cockroach originally from orient now nearly cosmopolitan in distribution
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.