from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fisher, North American marten that has thick brown fur; Martes pennanti.
- n. A cat with black fur.
- v. To do in some respect better than another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the fisher, a quadruped of North America allied to the sable, but larger. See Fisher.
- n. the fisher. See under Black.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name of the fisher, pekan, or Pennant's marten, Mustela pennanti, a large blackish marten peculiar to the northerly parts of North America. Also called black-fox. See cut under fisher.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal
Sorry, no etymologies found.
What caused Qwilleran to step on the brake was the sight of her entourage: a black cat on her lap, a calico curled at her feet, and a tiger stretched on the top step.
Episcopalians, and Swedenborgians as well) regard it as unlucky to meet a black cat and lucky to find a pin?
Â Â Â "She is simply jealous because we're all smarter than he is," the white cat informed Morwen with a look at the black cat on Archaniz's shoulder.
Â Â Â "Mrow!" said the black cat in a complaining tone.
Hayden stood aside as Miss Dimwinkle came limping out of the house, a squirming black cat held at arm’s length.
Â Â Â Morwen gave the black cat a speculative look.
The black cat streaked out into the front yard, made a hairpin turn, and leapt for the porch, where he clawed his way up Archaniz's skirts to a perch on her shoulder.