from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A prickly eastern North American shrub (Rubus occidentalis) having an aggregate, edible, juicy, purple-black fruit. Also called blackcap.
- n. The fruit of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a plant belonging to either of two closely related species, Rubus leucodermis or Rubus occidentalis, both native to North America
- n. the fruit of either of these species
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. raspberry native to eastern North America having black thimble-shaped fruit
Sorry, no etymologies found.