from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Dark vomit consisting of digested blood and gastric contents.
- n. Severe yellow fever with symptomatic regurgitation of dark vomited matter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A blackish matter, resembling coffee grounds and due to hæmorrhage, vomited in severer cases of yellow fever; also, the disease of yellow fever itself.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A copious vomiting of dark-colored matter; or the substance so discharged; -- one of the most fatal symptoms in yellow fever.
- n. See in the Vocabulary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. caused by a flavivirus transmitted by a mosquito
Sorry, no etymologies found.