from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Dark vomit consisting of digested blood and gastric contents.
- noun Severe yellow fever with symptomatic regurgitation of dark vomited matter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Med.) A copious vomiting of dark-colored matter; or the substance so discharged; -- one of the most fatal symptoms in yellow fever.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A blackish matter, resembling coffee grounds and due to hæmorrhage, vomited in severer cases of
yellow fever; also, the disease of yellow fever itself.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun caused by a flavivirus transmitted by a mosquito
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.