from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See cowpea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An African leguminous plant, of the genus Vigna, widely cultivated as food and forage, specifically Vigna unguiculata unguiculata.
- n. The edible seed of these plants.
- n. Any pale bean with a black spot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a West Indian name for Dolichos sphærospermus and its seed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fruit or seed of the cowpea plant
- n. sprawling Old World annual cultivated especially in southern United States for food and forage and green manure
- n. eaten fresh as shell beans or dried
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.