from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. a vacant space of the breadth of a line, on a printed page; a line of quadrats.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


  • He kept going and got as far as “Tarr Vill” when the next page, ONE: Temple, began with a blank line … as did the next, ONE: Temple.

    The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.