from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A shrub or small tree of southern Florida and the West Indies, with smooth oval leaves and a hard, ten-ribbed fruit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A shrub or small tree of southern Florida and the West Indies (Pisonia obtusata) with smooth oval leaves and a hard, 10-ribbed fruit.
- n. The rubiaceous shrub Chicocca racemosa, of the same region.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tree, Fisonia longi-folia, of the West Indies and southern Florida.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. evergreen climbing shrub of southern Florida and West Indies grown for its racemes of fragrant white to creamy flowers followed by globose white succulent berries
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.