from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A measuring stick for determining board feet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a figured scale for finding without calculation the number of square feet in a board.
- n. See under Board, Caliber, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A figured scale for finding the number of square feet in a board, without calculation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a measure used in computing board feet
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.