from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A parasitic louse (Pediculus humanus subsp. corporis) that infests the body and clothes of humans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A parasitic insect, Pediculus humanus corporis, that infests the body and clothes of humans and feeds on blood.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a species of louse (Pediculus vestimenti), which sometimes infests the human body and clothes. See Grayback.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of louse, the Pediculus corporis or P. vestimenti, which is parasitic on man.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a parasitic louse that infests the body of human beings
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.