from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. plate or rolled iron of about a quarter to a half inch in thickness, used for making boilers and tanks, for covering ships, etc.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. Same as boiler-iron.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. thick plate iron used in the production of boilers
  • n. standard formulations uniformly found in certain types of legal documents or news stories


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.