from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A moth of the family Bombycidae, which includes the silkworms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the moths of the family Bombycidae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like or pertaining to the genus Bombyx, or the family Bombycidæ.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or having the charactérs of the Bombycidæ.
- n. One of the Bombycidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. moderate-sized Asiatic moth whose larvae feed on mulberry leaves and produce silk
From New Latin Bombȳcidae, family name, from Latin bombȳx, bombȳc-, silkworm; see bombazine.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.