from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A moth of the family Bombycidae, which includes the silkworm moth Bombyx mori.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to or having the charactérs of the Bombycidæ.
- noun One of the Bombycidæ.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Like or pertaining to the genus Bombyx, or the family
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun zoology Any of the
mothsof the familyBombycidae.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun moderate-sized Asiatic moth whose larvae feed on mulberry leaves and produce silk
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From New Latin Bombȳcidae, family name, from Latin bombȳx, bombȳc-, silkworm; see bombazine.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.