from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Covered or guaranteed by a surety bond or a fidelity bond.
- adjective Of or relating to the storage of goods under a customs bond.
- adjective Raised by issuing bonds.
- adjective Owed by bond.
- adjective Obligated by a debt to serve without wages.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Secured by bonds, as duties.
- Put or placed in bond: as, bonded goods.
- Encumbered; mortgaged: as, heavily bonded property.
- Secured by or consisting of bonds: as, bonded debt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Placed under, or covered by, a bond, as for the payment of duties, or for conformity to certain regulations.
- adjective goods placed in a bonded warehouse; goods, for the duties on which bonds are given at the customhouse.
- adjective a warehouse in which goods on which the duties are unpaid are stored under bond and in the joint custody of the importer, or his agent, and the customs officers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Simple past tense and past participle of
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.