from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An award given to the one who performs worst in a game or contest.
- n. Informal Acknowledgment of great inferiority, as in ability.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A prize or status, often unwelcome, awarded as a joke or disincentive to the loser of a contest or for poor performance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an award for the poorest performance in a competition; hence, metaphorically, the recognition of a strikingly inferior or incompetent performance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See prize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a prize given to one who finishes last in a contest
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.