from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An explosive device designed to be triggered when an unsuspecting victim touches or disturbs a seemingly harmless object.
- noun A situation that catches one off guard; a pitfall.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun military An
antipersonnel devicedeliberately hiddenor disguisedas a harmlessobject
- noun by extension An unforeseen source of
danger; a pitfall
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an explosive mine hidden underground; explodes when stepped on or driven over
- noun an unforeseen or unexpected or surprising difficulty
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From booby ("dunce, idiot").
Sorry, no example sentences found.