from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A training camp for military recruits.
- noun A correctional method, usually applied to youthful offenders, that employs strict disciplinary techniques and rigorous physical training analogous to those used with military recruits.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun colloquial Initial, basic
indoctrination, physical fitness trainingand basic instruction in service-related subjects for new recruits in the armed forces ( Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps).
- noun A short, intensive, quasi-military program generally aimed at young offenders as an alternative to a jail term.
- noun idiomatic Any short,
intensivecourse of training.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun camp for training military recruits
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.