from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun In botany, a uniparous helicoid cyme—that is, a raceme-like cyme, or flower-cluster, with all the branches or pedicels upon one side. It is usually more or less coiled.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun (Bot.) A form of cymose inflorescence with all the flowers on one side of the rachis, usually causing it to curl; -- called also a uniparous helicoid cyme.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word bostryx.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.