from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One who hunts predatory animals in order to collect a bounty.
- noun One who pursues a criminal or fugitive for whom a reward is offered.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A person who catches
criminalsand brings them to the policein return for a reward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a hunter who kills predatory wild animals in order to collect a bounty
- noun someone who pursues fugitives or criminals for whom a reward is offered
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.