from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A smooth, level wooden lane used in bowling.
- noun A building or room containing lanes for bowling.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A covered place for the game of bowls, provided with a passage or alley of smooth planking on which to roll the balls. See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A building which contains lanes for
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a lane down which a bowling ball is rolled toward pins
- noun a building that contains several alleys for bowling
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.