from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of several tropical African and Asian perennial plants of the genus Sansevieria, having thick, swordlike, spine-tipped leaves grouped in rosettes.
- noun The fibers of any of these plants, used for bowstrings, cordage, mats, and nets.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun hemp obtained from the sansevieria
- noun grown as a houseplant for its mottled fleshy sword-shaped leaves or as a source of fiber
- noun strong fiber that resembles hemp; obtained from sansevieria and used for e.g. cordage
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.