from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A coat designed to hang loosely from the shoulders.
- noun A heavy overcoat formerly worn by coachmen.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A heavy overcoat worn by coachmen.
- noun Early in the present century, an overcoat with a cape, approximately of the form of the coachman's great-coat: intended originally for travelers on the outside of coaches.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a short coat that hangs loosely from the shoulders
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[box + coat.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.