bridging joist love

Help support Wordnik by adopting your favorite word!


from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. Same as Binding joist.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In architecture, a joist which is sustained below by transverse beams called binding-joists; also, a joist which is nailed or fixed to the flooring-boards.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.