from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An arrow with a wide barbed head.
- noun Chiefly British A wide arrowhead mark identifying government property.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The royal mark of British government stores of every description, which it is felony to obliterate or deface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an arrowhead mark identifying British government property
- noun a mark shaped like an arrowhead; used to mark convicts' clothing
- noun an arrow with a wide barbed head
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.