from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An annual Old World plant (Vicia faba) in the pea family, having pinnately compound leaves, white flowers with lateral purplish blotches, and long thick pods.
- n. The edible seed or green pod of this plant. It is the bean of antiquity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An edible bean that has broad seeds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bean plant cultivated for use animal fodder
- n. seed of the broad-bean plant
- n. shell beans cooked as lima beans
- n. Old World upright plant grown especially for its large flat edible seeds but also as fodder
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.