from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An annual Old World plant (Vicia faba) in the pea family, having pinnately compound leaves, white flowers with lateral purplish blotches, and long thick pods.
- noun The edible seed or green pod of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An edible
beanthat has broad seeds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a bean plant cultivated for use animal fodder
- noun seed of the broad-bean plant
- noun shell beans cooked as lima beans
- noun Old World upright plant grown especially for its large flat edible seeds but also as fodder
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.