from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An annual Old World plant (Vicia faba) in the pea family, having pinnately compound leaves, white flowers with lateral purplish blotches, and long thick pods.
- noun The edible seed or green pod of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An edible
beanthat has broad seeds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a bean plant cultivated for use animal fodder
- noun seed of the broad-bean plant
- noun shell beans cooked as lima beans
- noun Old World upright plant grown especially for its large flat edible seeds but also as fodder
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.