from The Century Dictionary.
- To stamp as with the broad seal; guarantee; make sure.
- noun The official or great seal of a country or state: as, “the king's broad-seal,”
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb obsolete To stamp with the broad seal; to make sure; to guarantee or warrant.
- The great seal of England; the public seal of a country or state.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb obsolete, rare, transitive To stamp with the broad seal; to make sure; to
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
broad + seal
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.