from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Either of two main branches of the trachea, leading directly to the lungs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either of two airways, which are primary branches of the trachea, leading directly into the lungs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the subdivisions of the trachea or windpipe; esp. one of the two primary divisions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Either of the two main branches of the trachea: also sometimes used to denote any small bronchial tube. See trachea, lung, and cut under thorax.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. either of the two main branches of the trachea
Main bronchus occlusion for treatment of congenital diaphragmatic hernia in fetal lambs.
The right bronchus is shorter, wider, and more nearly vertical than its fellow of the opposite side, and is practically the continuation of the trachea, while the left bronchus might be considered as a branch.
Sometimes the cancer cells will be right around the trachea, right around the bronchus, which is some of the cells in the lung and typically that cancer will develop in that area.
For example, lung and bronchus cancer killed 2.31 men for every 1 woman.
Say a dose of virus particles is inhaled as an aerosol into your bronchus.
For Fitz, with the lung tumor wrapped ominously around her bronchus, the biggest hurdle had been the local control of her cancer.
The cells in her bronchus, he began, had acquired mutations in their genes that had allowed them to grow autonomously and uncontrollably.
The man visits a physician and a CT scan is performed, revealing a rindlike mass wrapped around a bronchus in the lung.
It seems as though they go from sinus to bronchus to lungs and before it ends, they go backwards causing all the discharges that they produced the first time.
The bronchus is any of the trachea that has cartilage and mucus glands in its walls.