from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A chiefly freshwater game fish (Salvelinus fontinalis) having a dark body with light-colored spots, native to eastern North America and widely introduced elsewhere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun UK A fish of the subspecies Salmo trutta fario, the
- noun A fish of the species Salvelinus fontinalis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a delicious freshwater food fish
- noun North American freshwater trout; introduced in Europe
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.