from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bread made of a dark flour, such as graham or whole-wheat flour.
- n. A steamed bread usually made of cornmeal, flour, and molasses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Bread with a brown colour as distinct from white bread, wholemeal, granary or other specific types of bread.
- adj. dead
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Dark colored bread made of rye meal and Indian meal, or of wheat and rye or Indian; rye and Indian bread.
- n. See Brown bread, under Brown.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. dark steamed bread made of cornmeal wheat and flour with molasses and soda and milk or water
- n. bread made with whole wheat flour
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.