from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A bread made of a dark flour, such as whole-wheat or rye flour.
- noun A steamed bread usually made of cornmeal, flour, and molasses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Breadwith a brown colouras distinct from white bread, wholemeal, granaryor other specific types of bread.
- adjective idiomatic, Cockney rhyming slang
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun dark steamed bread made of cornmeal wheat and flour with molasses and soda and milk or water
- noun bread made with whole wheat flour
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.