from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A perfumed preparation, such as powdered crystals or a liquid, added to bath water to make it foam.
- n. A bath to which such a preparation has been added.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bath in which an additive is poured directly into the water that creates bubbles.
- n. A soap-based product to be added to a bath to create bubbles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bath in which you add something to foam and scent the bath water
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Trying to think about other things, I looked around the bathroom and saw that the tub was built for two, with complimentary bubble bath and a small dish of rose petals waiting on the tub’s edge.
They stocked none of my mother’s favorite brands, but I had bought whatever looked most luxurious, including a bottle of Yardley’s lavender-scented bubble bath and a big pot of Pond’s cold cream.