from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of three North American shrubs or small trees of the genus Shepherdia, having small yellowish flowers, drupelike fruits, and foliage that is covered with silvery scales.
- n. The berry of any of these plants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of buffaloberry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a shrub of the Upper Missouri (Sherherdia argentea) with acid edible red berries.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fruit of the Shepherdia argentea, a shrub or small tree which grows in western North America.
- n. The tree itself.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.