from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A common name for several low grasses very prevalent upon the plains east of the Rocky Mountains, including Buchloë dactyloides, a diœcious species, and Bouteloua oligostachya, with others of the same genus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Bouteloua dactyloides.
- noun Hierochloe odorata, family
- noun Anthoxanthum odoratum, sweet vernal grass, vanilla grass.
- noun Stenotaphrum secundatum, Saint Augustine grass.
- noun Panicum maximum, Guinea grass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun short grass growing on dry plains of central United States (where buffalo roam)
- noun low mat-forming grass of southern United States and tropical America; grown as a lawn grass
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.