from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the oily and drupelike fruit of an American shrub (Pyrularia oleifera); also, the shrub itself; oilnut.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fruit of the North American shrub Pyrularia oleifera.
- n. The plant itself. Also called oil-nut.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. shrub of southeastern United States parasitic on roots of hemlocks having sparse spikes of greenish flowers and pulpy drupes
- n. oily drupaceous fruit of rabbitwood
Sorry, no etymologies found.