from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A block or piece of timber attached to the end timber of a car, or of the platform of a passenger-car, above the draw-bar, to keep the cars from coming together if the draw-bar gives way.
  • n. The flat head of a buffer-bar. See cut under buffer. Also called buffing-block.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.