from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A block used as a building material, especially a cinder block.
- n. A small wooden or plastic cube used as a building toy.
- n. A basic element or part of something: Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A component that is part of a larger construction.
- n. A block made of wood or plastic that is used as a children's toy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a block of material used in construction work
- n. a single undivided natural thing occurring in the composition of something else
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.