from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In iron ship-building, a rolled plate or bar having on one edge an enlargement or bulb, and used in connection with angle-bars riveted to the other edge for deck-beams, stringers, etc. Modern facilities in steel-rolling have resulted in the general substitution of angle-bulb and T-bulb bars for these purposes.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.