from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A board on which notices are posted.
- n. Computer Science A system that enables users to send or read electronic messages, files, and other data that are of general interest and addressed to no particular person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a board on which messages may be posted, especially one in a public space
- n. a system in which users may send, read and reply to messages of interest to no particular person; an electronic bulletin board
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a board on which announcements are put, particularly at newsrooms, newspaper offices, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A board publicly exposed, on which to placard recent news, notices, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a board that hangs on a wall; displays announcements
- n. a computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest
bulletin + board (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.