from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A board on which notices are posted.
- noun Computers A system that enables users to send or read electronic messages, files, and other data that are of general interest and addressed to no particular person.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A board publicly exposed, on which to placard recent news, notices, etc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a
boardon which messagesmay be posted, especially one in a publicspace
- noun computing a
systemin which usersmay send, readand replyto messages of interestto no particular person; an electronic bulletin board
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a board that hangs on a wall; displays announcements
- noun a computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
bulletin + board
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word bulletin board.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.