from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fibre obtained from palms of the genus Corypha.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a fine white Philippine fiber from the stalks of unopened leaves of talipot palms; used in making hats.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fiber prepared from the petioles, or leaf-stems, of the talipot or buri palm (Corypha umbraculifera), from which hats of the finest quality are made in the Philippine Islands. See buri and talipot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fine white Philippine fiber from stalks of unopened leaves of talipot palms; used in making hats
Sorry, no etymologies found.
- made into buntal fibers, hats, ropes, baskets, wallets and bags; pounded and made into brooms.