from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A reddish-brown pigment prepared by calcining raw sienna.
- n. A dark reddish orange.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. dark reddish brown colour, like that of roasted sienna.
- adj. Of a dark reddish brown colour, like that of roasted sienna.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. sienna made of a much redder color by the action of fire.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shade of brown with a tinge of red
- n. a reddish-brown pigment produced by roasting sienna
Sorry, no etymologies found.
When the books arrived, he built a bookcase, stained it the same burnt sienna asMan o'War,and pinned the elegant racehorse on the wall above it—where he could see it from his favorite chair.