from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A shrubby variety of the snap bean.
- n. Any bean plant with an upright, bushy growth not requiring an artificial support.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a variety of bean which is low and requires no support (Phaseolus vulgaris, variety nanus). See Bean, 1.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An American name for beans that do not climb, or dwarf beans; the usual form of string-beans and wax-beans.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bean plant whose bushy growth needs no supports
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.